If you need assistance you are not alone; about 30% of our current families receive an adjustment on tuition.
We believe in education as a force for social change. London Waldorf School is committed to making Waldorf education accessible to all families. We demonstrate our commitment through our Accessible Tuition Program (ATP).
ATP is a community supported process that aids in cultivating a positive and conscious relationship with our collective resources. The primary aim of this program is to ensure that the acceptance of a child into our school does not depend solely on the financial resources of the family. For families that make Waldorf education a priority in their lives, this unique process results in an adjustment of tuition fees according to a family’s household resources. Based on this same principle, families who are able to, contribute more than full tuition fees.
Accordingly, we ask all families to give their personal finances very thorough consideration. Then, we sit down with you and together create a conscious consensual agreement in which the school’s needs and your family’s goals are met.
If you are new to the school you will first need to attend a tour, submit an application and complete a registration interview. Once you receive an offer of acceptance, you may submit an ATP application. For more information regarding these first steps, please refer to our complete Admissions Process found here.
In order to be considered for a tuition adjustment through our ATP process, you must print and submit your Budget Spreadsheets along with all required documentation and fees by the deadlines outlined below. Failure to meet these deadlines may result in your ineligibility for a tuition adjustment.
Families of returning students
Must email a completed application to [email protected] by February 26th at 3:30 pm. Due to potential waiting lists, we are unable to hold a spot for your child(ren) without having a complete package of all of the items listed above. On March 1st, these spots will be offered to the families on the waiting lists if you have not returned your complete application.
Families that are newly enrolling a child, or are new to the school
Must print and submit a complete ATP package 14 calendar days after you receive notification that your child has been accepted.
In order to ensure that ATP applications can be given the due consideration they deserve and to avoid undue pressure on the committee members and the faculty in the very busy time leading up to the first day of school, there is a blackout period during which ATP applications are not processed. The guidelines are as follows:
- In addition to the above deadlines, applications for an adjustment through our Accessible Tuition Program will not be accepted between August 15th and the first day of school.*
- No ATP conversations will be held between the Thursday before the Labour Day weekend and the first day of school.
- An appeals process** is in place for people who feel they have extenuating circumstances for not submitting their application on time.
*Note: Exceptions may be made for families who have had no contact with the school prior to August 15th.
**Appeals Process: A family who feels they have extenuating circumstances may request that their application be accepted during the blackout period by contacting the ATP Chair and explaining their situation. The request will be reviewed and responded to by the Chair within 3 days of receipt.
How to Apply
To complete the application process you will need various financial documents including, but not limited to, the following:
- Recent paystub(s)
- Canada Child Tax Benefit, GST/HST Benefit and Ontario Trillium Benefit data
- Your most recent Notice of Assessment
- For self-employed individuals: your most recently completed tax return
After gathering these documents, please click here and enter your email address to receive your blank budget spreadsheet and conversation scheduling form. This will ensure you have a clear understanding of your financial picture.
- After completing the budget spreadsheet, email it to [email protected] along with:
- All of the documents listed above.
- Your completed conversation scheduling form to request a time to meet with ATP Committee members for a Conversation. The purpose of this meeting is to share information about the school and to come to an agreement regarding your tuition amount. If you are applying before February or after May, an up-to-date conversation schedule may not be available. Instead, please suggest three dates and times that the adults in your home would be available to meet with our ATP Conversationalists.
- A tuition agreement signed front and back by all parties paying for tuition.
- A registration fee of $250 per child up to a maximum of $500.
- Following receipt of these documents, you will be called to confirm your appointment time. These conversations are held with you in person in the school building. Ideally, all individuals responsible for the funding of your child’s education at Waldorf should participate in the conversation. We can accommodate separated parents who require separate adjustment conversations. You must find childcare for your children for this conversation. At the end of this conversation, a Tuition Agreement Amendment is signed and payment arrangements are made. This completes the process.
Waldorf has become the largest independent, non-denominational education in the world, with over 1,000 schools in 83 countries.
The London Waldorf School’s application process, which begins with an inquiry is designed to provide an exchange of information so that you can learn more about our programs and we can learn more about your child and family. The Waldorf curriculum is grounded in the knowledge that children have distinct, age-related educational and emotional needs according to their naturally unfolding stages of development.
London Waldorf School is accredited by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA), and the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America (WECAN).
London Waldorf School offers a complete curriculum from our licensed childcare programs through 8th grade.
We accept applications throughout the year for consideration when space becomes available. Interviews may take place at any time, and when space permits, a student may enter the class during the school year as well as at the beginning of September. The entire registration process will generally take a minimum of one week and can take up to three weeks.
“A healthy social life is found only, when in the mirror of each soul the whole community finds its reflection, and when in the whole community the virtue of each one is living.”