Join our dynamic faculty by applying for a position below:
Licensed Preschool Assistant
London Waldorf School is welcoming applications for a Licensed Preschool Assistant to cover a parental leave, March-June 2021, with a strong possibility to extend into the 2021-2022 school year. This position is an integral part of the school’s Early Childhood Program which offers a secure, healthy, and nurturing environment for children.
London Waldorf School was established in 1980. All of our programs run on our school schedule from September to June. We offer the following programs: Licensed Child Care, Kindergarten and Grades One through Eight. Our school is a member of the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA) and Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America (WECAN). London Waldorf School is a vibrant learning community where education, based on a deep understanding of the developing child, integrates the intellectual with the artistic, the practical with the beautiful – fostering the ability to engage more fully in the world.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Certified Early Childhood Educator
- Experience in a Waldorf Early Childhood Classroom or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with parents and colleagues.
- Ability to create an age appropriate environment in which children can flourish.
- Physical ability to attend to children’s needs.
- An understanding of child development.
- Flexibility to increase hours if enrolment necessitates.
- RECE in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Standard First Aid with infant/child CPR-C certification
- Current Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- You must be legally able to work in Canada
- Ability to engage with children, taking directions from the Lead Teacher regarding classroom management, conflict resolution, communication and day to day responsibilities.
- Responding in an age appropriate manner when addressing the needs of the young child.
- Fulfilling work requirements in accordance to a Licensed Childcare Centre.
- Participating in curriculum and pedagogical review of the program with the teacher and communicating observations of children to the teacher.
- We encourage attendance at early childhood faculty meetings and participation Working independently when the need arises and assuming responsibility for the whole group and/or individual children.
- Maintaining an orderly and clean classroom in accordance with the standards set by the school
- Maintaining required program documentation.
- Being reliable, punctual, well organized and efficient.
Hours of Work and Compensation
The usual hours of work are 8:00 am to 3:30 pm each weekday that school is in session with an hour unpaid lunch. Flexibility to work until 4 pm on any given day is an asset.
This contract will begin March 15th, 2021 and will end June 16th 2021, with a strong possibility to extend into the 2021-2022 school year. The rate of pay is $18.29 per hour plus 4% vacation pay. Currently, the Ministry is offering a $2/hour wage subsidy which would be paid out over and above this hourly rate for any hours worked in our licensed care programs.
If you are interested in this position, please indicate your interest by emailing the Personnel Committee at [email protected] with your resume and cover letter.
We thank all candidates in advance; however we will contact only those selected for an interview.
Posting closes on Saturday March 13th, 2021.
Must have previous teaching experience, and be able to teach a variety of subjects to various ages of children.
A current criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening and up to date First Aid must be provided prior to starting work.
To be able to work in our licensed care programs, you must have your RECE.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to our Supply List Coordinator, Natalia Popolov, at [email protected].
***Note: at this time, we are not accepting volunteer applications due to COVID.
Thank you so much for your willingness to give of your time to volunteer at London Waldorf School!
The first step is to fill out the Volunteer Application and submit by emailing [email protected].
Next, we ask that you participate in one of the school tours which are offered every other Thursday at 8:30 am. Our Enrolment Coordinator will contact you to arrange this with you.
The third step will be to have an interview with our Learning Volunteer Coordinator, Sandra Paterson, directly following the tour. This meeting helps us determine if there is a good match between your skills and availability and our needs. If there is a match, Sandra will give you a package of forms which need to be completed and returned, along with a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening completed in the last 6 months.
Once we have all of the paperwork in place and a volunteer placement has been arranged, Sandra will contact you.
Thank you again for your interest in our school. We look forward to meeting you.