Parent & Child in 2021-22?
Due to COVID-19, we are unsure if we will be able to offer this program next year.
Please sign up to receive updates about Parent & Child classes:
For Caregivers & Their Children 3 years of age and under.
Parent & Child is a weekly playgroup for infants and/or toddlers to attend with a caregiver. Classes are small in size, and are offered in three semester terms from September to June, once per week.
This class is an opportunity for families to meet on a regular basis, form relationships, share parenting insights, and feel supported in their lives with young children. Facilitated by an experienced Waldorf teacher in a home-like setting, each class includes a circle time with songs, movement and rhymes, a nourishing snack, a time to play and a story.
The following age groupings are offered:
For ages birth – walking
This class is specifically designed to meet the youngest members of our community. It focuses on supporting an infant’s healthy development and establishing secure attachments between parent and child. As babies begin to explore their environment, this class provides a supportive atmosphere for little ones to develop their new-found skills.
For ages walking – 3 years old (children who are not yet eligible for Junior Kindergarten)
This class serves the child who is much more physically capable and verbally expressive. It honours and encourages the child’s natural abilities, recognizing the need for lots of movement and imaginative play. It offers parents help in establishing healthy routines, communicating effectively with their young child, and in supporting the significant growth that happens in these early years.
Parent & Child classes are offered in three seasonal sessions per year:
- Fall Session: September to December
- Winter Session: January to March Break
- Spring Session: after March Break to June
The cost for this program is dependent on the number of classes per session.
Come explore the wonder of childhood!
Parent & Child Age Guidelines:
- Hatchlings Infant Class is available for one child from birth up to walking age to attend with a caregiver.
- Registration in an Infant Class is for one child, and a separate caregiver must attend the class with each child registered.
- Ducklings Toddler Classes are available for one child who is walking up to 3 years old as of December 31* to attend with a caregiver.
- Registration in a Toddler Class is for one child and a caregiver to attend the class. In addition, a younger sibling over the age of 4 months old may also be registered to attend the class for a reduced rate. A younger sibling under the age of 4 months old may be registered to attend the class for no charge.
The teacher may contact you to discuss which class would best meet your child’s developmental stage.
*The Parent & Child program is not designed for children who have turned 4 by December 31 and are otherwise eligible to attend kindergarten.