Parent & Child in 2022-23!
Parent & Child classes will return for the 2022-23 school year! Registration opens April 26th.
If you are interested in joining this program, please begin the registration process by completing an inquriry form at the link below.
For Caregivers & Their Children 3 years of age and under.
The following age groupings are offered:
birth – walking
This class is specifically designed to meet the youngest members of our community. It focuses on supporting an infant’s healthy development and establishing secure attachments between parent and child. As babies begin to explore their environment, this class provides a supportive atmosphere for little ones to develop their new-found skills.
walking – 3 years old (children who are not yet eligible for Junior Kindergarten)
This class serves the child who is more physically capable and verbally expressive. It honours and encourages the child’s natural abilities, recognizing the need for lots of movement and imaginative play. It offers parents help in establishing healthy routines, communicating effectively with their young child, and in supporting the significant growth that happens in these early years.
Parent & Child classes will be offered in four sessions per year:
- Fall Session Part One: September – October
- Fall Session Part Two: November – December
- Winter Session: January – March
- Spring Session: March – June
The cost for this program is dependent on the number of classes per session.
CLICK HERE for date and fee details.
Come explore the wonder of childhood!
Parent & Child Age Guidelines:
- Infant Classes are available for one child from birth up to walking age to attend with a caregiver. Registration in an Infant Class is for one child, and a separate caregiver must attend the class with each child registered.
- Toddler Classes are available for one child who is walking up to 3 years old as of December 31* to attend with a caregiver. Registration in a Toddler Class is for one child and a caregiver to attend the class. In addition, a younger sibling over the age of 4 months old may also be registered to attend the class for a reduced rate. A younger sibling under the age of 4 months old may be registered to attend the class for no charge.
The teacher may contact you to discuss which class would best meet your child’s developmental stage.
*The Parent & Child program is not designed for children who will have turned 4 by December 31 and are otherwise eligible to attend kindergarten.